Monday, August 10, 2009

Throwing the Perfect Picnic!

Hey Everyone!

Last Wednesday, I had the awesome opportunity to spend my morning picnicking with weatherman Mike Woods in Central Park on GOOD DAY NY!

The day couldn't have been more beautiful- and more fun.

Picnics are one of my favorite ways to enjoy a sunny day,
so here are some of my easy-to-do tips, enjoy!

- Remember to always be environmentally friendly- I love recycled plates and utensils from Whole Foods, and Verterra flatware, which are made from fallen leaves! Vazu vases are also a great way to decorate, they re-usable, easily packable, and stylish.

- When picnicking in a group, get already prepared food! DINOSAUR BBQ is delicious, and one of my personal favorites! Whole Foods also has a great selection of both produce and prepared foods.

- If picnicking for two, feel free to splurge a little! Bouchon Bakery has great tote bags filled with food (Either breakfast or lunch/snacks).

Not everything has to be already prepared, however, and
I love making some easy, tasty treats to bring along.

One of my favorites is my MUDDLED BERRY LEMONADE:
Serves 6-8

Try to get the best raspberries. Their tart sweetness will work beautifully with the lemonade.

1 cup fresh raspberries, rinsed and dried

1 cup fresh strawberries, tops removed, halved

1 handful fresh mint leaves, stems removed

1/2 gallon (64 ounces) sweetened pink lemonade (or substitute regular)

In the bottom of a pitcher, muddle the raspberries, strawberries, and mint leaves with a wooden spoon. Add the lemonade and stir. Serve over ice in sugar-rimmed glasses.


CHECK OUT THE SEGMENT:


No comments: