Friday, January 2, 2009

Sneak Peak at My New Book!

Happy New Year!

I am really excited because I've just finished my newest book, SIMPLE STUNNING PARTIES AT HOME. It's due out in May and if you've seen my Simple Stunning Weddings series, I'm continuing the vibe with this new cooking and entertaining book. It has 75 of my recipes for delicious food and drinks, plus 12 complete party plans, and great tips for stocking your home party pantry and bar.

You can preorder your copy now so you'll be the first to get it!

To help you kick off the new year right, here's a recipe for one of the 10 cocktails I think every great host should know how to make. It's called a Dark & Stormy, and although it originated in Bermuda it's perfect for spicing up a wintry night! Make sure you get ginger beer rather than ginger ale--it really makes a difference, adding a layer of spice and complexity to the drink.

Dark & Stormy
Makes 1 cocktail

2 ounces dark rum, such as Gosling's
Juice of 1/2 lime
4 ounces ginger beer

Fill a highball glass with ice. Pour the rum and lime juice into the glass, then add the ginger beer and stir to incorporate. Cheers to a great 2009!

No comments: