Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I love long tables!

This feast table was set in a tent in the summertime. Duppioni silk tablecloth, a modular centerpiece of greens, deep burgundies and chocolates, and a giant green chrysanthemum at every place setting.


I designed this vibrant, crisp Thanksgiving scene for Food & Wine magazine...



A loft wedding in NYC where every guest sat at the head table, which was nearly 100 feet long!

So many people tell me that for a party, they think round tables are better than long rectangles for conversation. I don't agree. In fact, whereas a standard round table for 8-10 people in a banquet or party facility is generally 60" or so in diameter, a long table might be only 36" wide, bringing you 2 feet closer to the folks you like. Unless you'd rather be farther away...hmmmm.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Totally saving this image for my wedding. Love it. Classy