Thursday, April 30, 2009

Book Launch at Bloomingdale's in NYC

Wow! What a night. Bloomingdale’s threw me an amazing party to celebrate the launch of SIMPLE STUNNING PARTIES AT HOME, and fabulously stylish photographer Roey Yohai stopped by to document the festivities--Roey, thank you so much for these beautiful pictures! With me above is KB Events Director (and all around wizard) Nicole Fazzini. We are still reliving the drama, the fun, and the behind-the-scenes stories of making this book come to life. Can you imagine we got to go "shopping" in Bloomingdale's for Versace china and Faberge martini glasses to borrow for the parties we created? Dreamy!

At the party, celebrity chef Francois Payard's catering team, Tastings by Payard, prepared bite-sized versions of recipes from my book, like the shrimp ceviche you see here. Isn't the presentation lovely on the white spoons?


They also served my scallop amuse-bouches with creme fraiche and caviar...which we paired with crisp, delicious, festive (and budget-friendly) Lunetta Prosecco.

The Bloomingdale's visual team created tables inspired by the parties in the book, like my Global Potluck Supper


and my Ladies' Zen Night get-together


A big thank-you to everyone who came out to celebrate with me, and a special mention to my book photographer, William Geddes, who brought all the parties to life in vibrant color. Hope you get a chance to check out the book and let me know what you think. Cheers!

No comments: